Thursday, January 13, 2005

Slap Hands

For Christmas I got a pair of safety glasses and I have started wearing them to school. Most of the people in my classes are LDS and are therefore trying to be kind to others. Here's the thing. Prior to this semester, my fellow classmates have rarely said anything beyond “could you move so my friend can sit here” or “What did we do last time in class?” Now almost every person I sit by starts up a conversation with me. At first I thought the newest batch of freshmen was being unusually chatty and then I realized it was the glasses. I have officially switched sides from a girl who is not cool enough to bother with, to a special girl who needs friendship and positive encouragement. The sad thing is that I’m okay with it. Really I am. I’m a project and I don’t mind because I have friends now. You heard me. I have friends now and it doesn’t bother me that they think I have problems. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a party to attend.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Kacy said...

Whatever it takes to be "popular."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home