Friday, May 27, 2005

My Favorite Things

Here are some highlights from the last month of my life:

I have enjoyed constantly collecting garbage everywhere I go for one of my classes. Carrying bags full of trash is great icebreaker with strangers on the tube. "Yes, I would like your snickers rapper when you're done. Oh, by the way, would you like to join my church?"

The music played by aspiring artists in the metros of Paris was worth the trip. One man was playing Silent Night on the recorder and when he got to the tune of "sleep in heavenly peace" he would repeat it six or seven times before finishing the song. I always enjoy a good improvisational piece.

I loved punting on the Cam river in Cambridge. To have gotten a professional punter would have been expensive so we opted for a less than qualified but up to the challenge driver.



Watching Star Wars with the French was brilliant. I’m a better person for seeing a lightsaber battle with baguettes.

Figuring out what behaviours are acceptable in other cultures is always an adventure. I met a wonderfully feisty English woman at the park a few weeks ago when I started playing with her dog. It turns out the English like their pets not held by strangers and not forced down playground slides.

Of course, I love the art. Any friend to the animals is a friend of mine.



My ward is lovely. The Bishop loves the surprise testimony attack as well as the next Bishop but he takes it a step further. My name was printed in the program on Sunday as the first speaker. I told the bishop I wasn't given a topic and he assured me that neither had the other two BYU students who were speaking after me. He said I needn't worry as I only had to take 15-20 minutes.

The food here at the centre is a treat. Even when I'm not sure what
I'm eating there is always plenty of gravy to dowse it with.

Cheers!

11 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger The Amazing Spider-Fan said...

I told you to use the manly picture of me. Manly! You know the one that makes it look like I have the upper body strength to propel a boat. Not the one that shows a 17 year old girlyman who has to take old lady medicine to keep his heart from filling with Hot Pocket cheese.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Berkchops, get back to the operating room and stop all this hoopla with the Yuks over there, eh. Seriously, it is boring without ya hosehead.
-Nate

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Kacy said...

I keep re-reading this and wanting to comment, but then I just start thinking about gravy.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Rivers is my hero said...

Nice sheep.
And Rob, what's the point of commenting on Berkely's blog?

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kacy said...

The point of commenting on Berkely's blog is to think about gravy.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Kacy said...

I would have spelled Berkeley right in my previous comment, but I was distracted by the thought of gravy. Now where can I get some gravy?

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger The Amazing Spider-Fan said...

Berkeley, were you really dead, or was that just a hoax?

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Mac Ashley said...

Hey berkley,

I am new to the blog scene so I am writing a quick hello. My blog is www.ashleyuno.blogspot.com

Write me back! Can't wait to wake up to your beautiful face in the morning!

- ash

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Mac Ashley said...

Hey Berkeley,

i really like your blog. I think it is fun to read about your stories rather than just ask you at any time of the day.

Can't wait to see you in about 4 minutes.

- ash

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Philip Lybbe Powys said...

Why don't you break down and do that internship at Hoogle Zoo? You would love it. They would love you. Did you hear there is a new stage musical of Dr. Doolittle?

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous art history alli said...

Update your blog!!! I miss your stories and the inside dirt you always seem to have. Your former bunkmate in London- Alli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home